In the short time The Open Door, Inc. has opened its doors, there has been significant improvement in the clinical outcomes and quality of life for our clients.
The full text of our FIRST published article can be found here.
Other important successes include:
- We received a 2016 Fine Award for Teamwork Excellence in Health Care for Representing the solution to optimal health outcomes for high-risk payees living with HIV/AIDS, Jewish Healthcare Foundation Website.
- Our publication “Despite initial “kicking and screaming” unstably housed persons report high satisfaction with representative payee program” published in Housing, Care and Support was selected by the journal’s editorial team as a Highly Commended Paper in the 2016 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence. The article can be found here.
- We published a manuscript in the journal AIDS Care, which reports the impact of stable housing on medication adherence. The title of the manuscript is “The impact of representative payee services on medication adherence among unstably housed people living with HIV/AIDS.” The full text of our article can be found here.
- We published a manuscript in the journal Housing, Care and Support, which reports high client satisfaction with representative payee services. The title of the manuscript is “Despite initial “kicking and screaming” unstably housed persons report high satisfaction with representative payee program.” The full text of our article can be found here.
- We published a manuscript in The Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions, which reports findings from our recent qualitative research. The title of the manuscript is “Mechanisms of Adherence in a Harm Reduction Housing Program.” The full text of our article can be found here.
- We were the top domestic finalist for the AIDS United Innovative Strategy Award, which was presented at The International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C. in 2013
- Presented at The National Harm Reduction Conference in 2014.
- Presented at The Society for Social Work Research at The National HIV Social Workers Conference in 2013
- Presented at The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency Annual Conference
- Purchased our building from two of our founding board members in June 2012
- One of our staff members was nominated for The Clifton Maxwell Advocacy Award in recognition to her years of service in the HIV field
- AIDS United and The MAC AIDS Fund have funded our organization to develop a toolkit and replicate our model in other areas